pink spot

swollen back, rash, Lymph node fibrosclerosis, Immunodificient Limb, DVT, venous insufficiency, inflammation, inflammatory response, bone fractures

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

pink spot

Postby sunburn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 pm

HI
I have had arm Lymphedema for 16 years.Two years ago I started MLD.I started wearing compression
shirts and shorts when I exercise.I noticed a pink spot on my torso at the bottom of my lat muscle 2 weeks
ago.It has changed appears and disappears.sometimes it looks like a bruise.I have stopped using compression
workout wear.The place were the spot is.is my lymph path.to the nodes in my chest and groin.My arm is doing
well.just alittle concerned about the pink spot.it is the size of 1/2 dollar.
sunburn

Re: pink spot

Postby patoco » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:50 am

Hey Sunburn

Super welcome to our family.

Sunburn, that spot really bothers me. Have a bunch of questions to help me understand (or try to) what's going on.

Does it hurt? Is it hot, tender or spread? Has a doctor looked at it or tried to figure it out?

One reason I am asking is that it is not normal for that in terms of lymphedema - unless it is an infection - and vary vary rarely if it is some type of malignancy.

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby sunburn » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 am

pat
The spot is not hot or tender.but it wont move.I think its infection going to see the doc.you look at it close
and it is puffed out like a spot of lymph fluid.
sunburn

Postby patoco » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:39 am

I am relieved you are going to see a doc.

Anytime we have something out of the ordinary, we shouldn't just associate it with lymphedema and should have it looked at seperately.

I ignored this large pinkish spot on my left leg for almost a year. Turned out to be something very bad that I should have paid attention to a lot sooner.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby sunburn » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:16 pm

Pat
I called the Doc today.I explained to him what was going on.He called me in 500mg CEPHALEXIN 2 a dAy.
I will be at my family Doc monday morning.Spot looks puffy Like a lymph trail but oval shaped.Not moving
still no pain or heat from it.The side of my torso I had surgery on 16 years ago.I do recall I lost some sensation
on that side.I am not panicking,Best way to deal with it is right here.I know its a safe place.Allot of peaple
dont understand us.or our little issues we have with out earthly shell.

peace be with you :wink:
sunburn

Postby sunburn » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 pm

went to the Doc he said I did the right thing.He said antibiotics should make it go away.
I asked him if it was cellilitus,he said it was in early stage couldnt confirm 100%. But he said
to followup in a week.
sunburn

Postby patoco » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:42 am

Very relieved you went :) Be sure to take all the antibiotics too.

As always keep us posted as well.

Best to ya!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby sunburn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:22 pm

still got the spot,The antibiotics increased 2000 mg a day.dont know what to think?
sunburn

Postby patoco » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Hey Sunburn

I don't know what to say either at this point. If the antibiotics didn't get rid of it, then it must not be an infection.

You might think of having it biopsied.

I had thie perfec round pink spot on my left leg for about a year back in 1995. When I had itbiopsied, turned out to be lymphoma....but, please, please do not think I am saying that is what you have.

I could never say that without a biopsy confirmation. Just sharing what happened to me.

Sorry it took me a couple days to answer, got unexpectidlyh admitted to the hospital Tuesday and just getting on line with the forum on my lap top today.

My very best to ya!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby sunburn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 pm

PAT
Sorry to hear you had to go to hospital.Well the spot fades white to pink off and on.
it is lymph fluid it is raised of my body like a bubble that changes flat then filled hard to describe.
I have a physical in the morning.
sunburn

Postby sunburn » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:42 pm

well I know what it is.I have fibrosis in my side.I have been working with my MLD thrapist for a month.I need to do
allot of things exercise my abs every other day.I also have to strengthen my shoulder.work work work.The muscles
need to stretch and get the flow flowing.well it is flowing.I have learn allot in the last 6 weeks.my MLD thearpist
explained it like this.since I was not moving the fluid out of my upper back and shoulder the fluid was pooling
under the arm filling my torso.The pink spot was the tip of the problem .I have learn how to move the fluid through
my body using abdomanal exercises .I can watch the pink spot disappear. :D
sunburn

Postby patoco » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 am

Awesome Sunburn....great news :) :) :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Complications of Lymphedema