fluid buildup from June 1st

swollen back, rash, Lymph node fibrosclerosis, Immunodificient Limb, DVT, venous insufficiency, inflammation, inflammatory response, bone fractures

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

fluid buildup from June 1st

Postby carol » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:02 pm

June 1st my arm blew up from leaning on it while scrubbing the floor with my good arm.
Got it down but once in awhile like today it is sore near the elbow and it feels a little hard. Seems like extra fluid there.
MLD doesn't help it so i put "chocolate bar" on it.
I put on white sleeve then choco bar then a old sleeve which was not custom made and i cut it of at the elbow.
Am i out of "my mind" with what i have left after le took over.
Cannot go to therapist as she is away and to tell the truth noone here knows much about le.
What should i do or what would you do??????.....can't go to Halifax as they wouldn't know either as they couldn't get my hand down before.I have no insurance anyway. I got it down by listening and trying things i learnt here.
Oh yes i took anyibiotics to be safe June 1st.....no redness etc.
Maybe i didn't wrap tight enough last night.
Don't know???? thanks le hugs carol
carol

Postby patoco » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi Ya Carol :)

I've had great success in maintaining my arm lymph by using a combination of self lymph node stimulation, self massage and exercises.

Have you tried any of these?

Gotta ask too, what is a choco bar?

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

mld

Postby carol » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:48 am

Hi Pat,
My arm is a bit better today.....When you talk about lymph node stimulation and self massage are you meaning like when you do mld?
I have been doing this twice a day.

My le is difficult as i have to have a piece of kkomplex 11 on the back of my hand and i make a hole and put a piece over my thumb before i put my glove on. I need pressure on my hand and arm and this is why i use komplex 11 which is expensive but has saved my le. Wonderful product and now i got the hospital to get it but i bought my own.

The chco bar is made of spounge foam and looks like a choc bar. It is for places that i think you call fibrosis and i think i may have a little of it. It
It seems to help. You can't put it directly on your skin but over a white sleeve.
http://www.bandagesplus.com/search.php? ... bar&nGo=Go
They sell the komplex 11 there to. I also have "swell spots" which help.

My arm is improving and i want to thank you for all your help. You are so kind. le hugs Carol
carol

Return to Complications of Lymphedema