secondary LE and dieting

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

secondary LE and dieting

Postby SteveB » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:31 pm

howdie all.
It's been quite a while since I've been here to post.
Pat I hope all is well with you. The last time I posted you sounded like things were not going well at all.

My reason for coming in to day is that my wife and father in law are starting on the South Beach Diet, and they've asked me to join them-- I'm guessing so we can all be on the same foods, without being concerned over different menus.

Admittedly, I'm against diets, and think that they cause more trouble than they solve-- I'm a seefood person, if I see it, and am hungry, I eat.

Oddly enough, I'm only 30lbs heavier than I was 12 years ago when I underwent my first surgery that cost me all of my inguinal lymph nodes. And to me, that weight gain is all about now being sedentary as to before I was rather active. Of course, the first 30lbs I gained from being married to a great cook who didn't like my "health food" ways.

So, my questions.....
Anyone here with LE-- of any form/cause/variety-- ever tried the South Beach Diet?
If so, what were the initial issues you found?
Did the doctors tell you anything to be wary of?

The first two weeks are suppose to be rather intense in that you can't eat certain veggies, bread, and fruit, juices, etc.....

While I've got a call in to my internalist, I thought that I should ask here to get some feedback from those who've tried, if any have.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.
SteveB

Return to Lymphoedema